Is one of your new year’s resolutions to stay active? Us too. We totally understand that you want to spend all the time you can in your newly built dream home, but Exford Waters offers so much to keep you active 24/7.
The environment in which you surround yourself in is such an important key to your overall long-term health, and Exford Waters is the place that encourages you to get out there and stay fit; almost without thinking about it! Below you’ll discover plenty of ways to keep active when you call Exford Waters in Weir Views home – and all are under 10 minutes drive away from your doorstep!
- Get out on the water. Werribee River is the backbone of the estate so take advantage of the health benefits of added H2O. Grab a kayak, canoe, li-lo – or whatever vessel floats your boat – and get out there for a paddle every weekend.
- Join the Melbourne Runabout and Speedboat Club. They facilitate skiing (including slalom, trick, jump and disabled skiing) plus kneeboarding and wakeboarding on the river. They’re practically your neighbours – how convenient.
- Walk your dog, run or cycle the Werribee River Trail. This naturalistic path is so close to home that you could make it the location for your daily pre-work exercise session.
- Fancy a convenient gym session? Exford Waters has that covered too. Anytime Fitness has just opened it’s doors at the new Weir Views Shopping Centre, only two minutes down the road (you can even jog there for your warm-up). So handy during Melbourne’s fickle winters.
- Involve the whole family. Tigerlimbs is a local mobile business offering swimming lessons for kids – they’ll come to you. Swimmers is another nearby option. Melton also has its own Little Athletics club as well as a combined football and netball club for juniors.
- For grown-ups who want to get sporty, there are a range of options. From hockey to tennis, athletics to cricket, our neighbourhood has a dedicated club space for them all. There are two bowls clubs and a golf club here too, if you’re seeking a gentler pace.
- If you really want to get serious, Coaching Zone Melton and the Global Fitness Institute both provide intense personal training sessions – the latter can even teach you how to be a professional trainer.
- Want to pick up running? Toolern Creek Park has a weekly, social “parkrun” group or join up with the Melton City Runners Inc. That runner’s high is calling.
- Adding passive exercise to your routine is a handy way to boost your daily step count without even noticing the extra effort. Take an idyllic stroll around the Melton Botanic Gardens or The Willows Historic House to keep your brain as invigorated as your body.
- Do whatever you feel like! One of the best ways to ensure longevity in your fitness journey is to mix it up. There are plenty of outdoor spaces to do so around these parts while beating workout boredom. Try Melton Recreation Reserve, Melton South Recreation Reserve or Bridge Road Recreation Reserve for starters.
- Stay home. And by that we mean you don’t even need to leave Exford Waters boundaries to stretch your legs. Acres of natural parklands and wetlands have been retained, while spacious recreation reserves and three separate parks have been created as part of the master-planned design of this estate.
Get in contact with our sales team today and live your best life at Exford Waters. Discover our selection of land now selling and visualise your new home through our variety of house and land packages to suit your budget and needs.